Service Beyond Measure
Generation Health Alliance Foundation, Inc. (“GHA”) seeks to improve the mental health and overall health of clients through the dissemination of information (education), performance of charitable services, conducting research, and providing clinical services. GHA is committed to helping all people lead healthy, and productive lives. Our primary goal is to continuously address various social challenges such as social exclusion, poverty
THE UNINTERRUPTED LIFE
Community Outreach and Education
Clips from The Uninterrupted Life Workshop for Survivors of Domestic Violence & Traumatic Experiences
October is Mental Health Awareness and Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The Uninterrupted Life Workshop is one of many advocacy events hosted by Generation Health Alliance Foundation, Inc. and was held on Saturday,October 14, 2017.
The workshop's mission was to empower and educate survivors to conquer self-doubt, and learn coping strategies from licensed counseling professionals. The fun environment of the White-Allen Art Studio helped to facilitate a comfortable setting that allowed participants to express their thoughts and feelings. Participants received great information, network, and receive support with the intentions of diminishing self-hate and self-blame in order to promote self-love.
Painting Activity held at Paint 4 Fun!
Diahann JohnBaptiste, MPA, MS, LAPC
Arianna A. Grant, Ed.S.
Michele A. Bryant-Roberts
Audience Feedback and Responses
SVP FORUM: COMMUNITY OUTREACH AND EDUCATION
The SVP Forum was held on Saturday, March 18, 2017 in Atlanta, GA.
The 2017 SVP Forum was an opportunity for our community to gather to discuss ways to diminish the occurrences of violence against women on and off college campuses. The event provided participants with multiple opportunities to learn and engage with experts in the field of law enforcement, victim advocacy, mental health, education, and Georgia legislation.
The Forum addressed the following areas of discussion:
• Impacts of intimate Partner violence and sexual violence against women;
• Self Defense
• Georgia Legislation and Community Awareness
• Mental Health
• Spiritual Health
• New forms of gender-based violence including cyber bullying, cyber stalking and secondary victimization
• Nisha Shah, MD, Psychiatrist, Emory Psychoanalytic Institute
• Dr. Minister Cindy Bailey, Mt. Sinai Baptist Church Atlanta
• Senator Donzella James, GA Senate 35th District
• Mosi Bayo, M.Ed., Program Manager, Sexual Violence Prevention, Department of Public Health
• Wanda Swan, Respect Advocate, Emory University Office of Health Promotion, Division of Campus Life, Respect Program
• Yassin Hall, Survivor Advocate
• Officer Greg Webb, DeKalb County Police
• Emory Police Department
Officer Greg Webb (Guardian Protective Services and DeKalb County Police) and Detective Anthony Refour (Emory University Police) teaching participants self defense techniques
Mosi Bayo, M.Ed., Program Manager, Sexual Violence Prevention, Department of Public Health
Wanda Swan, Respect Advocate, Emory University Office of Health Promotion, Division of Campus Life, Respect Program
Officer Greg Webb's presentation on self defense at the SVP Forum.
Generation Health Alliance Foundation follows the principle that education and self-help must fortify charity work so recipients learn to break the cycle of poverty. Generation Health Alliance Foundation was founded with the belief that each person deserves undivided concern and attention, and deserves to have all their needs met with consideration and empathy. We continue to uphold these beliefs today in all that we do. We firmly believe that no person, regardless of their age, finances or health, should have to live in fear, or wonder where they will sleep or what they will eat.
Improving the Quality Of Life with the Embodiment of Balancing Mind and Body Wellness.
- GHA’s goal is to provide supportive services to homeless youth that aim to move youth into stable housing and prepare them for independence.
- GHA’s goal is to provide education on the prevention of the sexual abuse or exploitation of victims.
- GHA’S goal is to provide education on healthy living and improving people's health by giving them the chance to lift themselves out of extreme poverty.
- GHA’s goal is to advocate free or affordable mental health services to underserved populations.
- GHA's goal is to promote economic growth and encourage employment through the facilitation of educational materials to empower you to transform learning into practical solutions.
We Want To Partner With You
Join our mission! We encourage our partners to join us in promoting mind and body wellness, and mental health awareness. We intend to support mental health awareness in our local community and abroad. You may learn more about our community initiatives by searching this website, but feel free to contact us directly! Generation Health Alliance Foundation's mission is to provide assistance to the homeless population, education the public on mental health and health related topics, and speak on personal and professional development.